Opportunities for sustainable technology growth around the world
Dublin, 08 Dec. 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Growth Opportunities for Sustainable Technology in Global Commercial Aviation” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
This report offers insight into the future of Sustainable Aviation, including discussions of market trends, growth drivers and restraints, business use cases, regional dynamics, and 5 major growth opportunities that industry players need to know.
The COVID-19 pandemic forced lockdowns and border closures, which subsequently curtailed global travel. Industry revenue in fiscal year 2020-21 was $328 billion – the nominal equivalent of revenue generated in fiscal year 2000-2001.
Due to grounded planes and canceled flights, the reasons for changing passenger behavior, government restrictions and economic downturn go beyond the short-term carbon impact.
Fossil fuel derivatives remain the most volatile cost of airline and airport operations. In addition, maintenance costs represent a substantial part of operating costs (OPEX). Integrating sustainable, energy-efficient technologies to power aircraft, airports, and ground support equipment (GSE) can reduce operating expenses in the short, medium, and long term. Technology maturity and widespread adoption will reduce cost implications due to economies of scale.
Aerospace OEMs, battery and solar photovoltaic manufacturers, hydrogen suppliers and Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) refineries are seeking increased investment and strategic partnerships to advance aviation and improve the standards of the market, product offerings and time to market. The author predicts an increase in mergers, acquisitions, and vertical partnerships with solution providers and horizontal partnerships with correlative industries to build resilience and meaningful change.
The increasing developments made in electric propulsion have triggered the demand and development of battery technologies. The growing demand for newer and more durable aircraft with lower operating and maintenance costs will remain a priority for aviation stakeholders.
More and more battery-electric and hydrogen-powered aircraft are able to leverage data from airframe systems at the component level. The Industrial Internet of Things integrates information technology and operational technology, enabling predictive maintenance systems and proficient diagnostics and prognoses for aviation maintenance, repair and operations.
Main topics covered:
1. Strategic imperatives
- Why is it increasingly difficult to grow taller?
- The strategic imperative
- The impact of the three main strategic imperatives on sustainable technology in commercial aviation
- Growth opportunities fuel the growth pipeline engine
2. Growth environment
- What you need to know first
- Trends to know
- Market Snapshot – Climate Impact and Sustainable Aviation
- International Aviation Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Program
- Smart and sustainable mobility strategy
3. Analysis of growth opportunities
- Growth drivers for sustainable aviation
- Growth constraints for sustainable aviation
- Commercial use cases of solar energy in the market
- Business use case for eGSE and charging infrastructure
- Discussion by region
- Sustainable Aviation Technology Market Landscape
4. Universe of growth opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1: Hydrogen Tanks, Fuel Cells and Combustion Turbines for Long-Term Carbon Neutral Aviation Growth
- Growth Opportunity 2: Battery Technology and Electric Aircraft Will Drive Short-Term Adoption of Sustainable Alternatives
- Growth Opportunity 3: Development of refueling and charging infrastructure to promote widespread adoption and competitive costs
- Growth Opportunity 4: Deployment of SAFs to Reduce Life Cycle Emissions
- Growth Opportunity 5: Integrate solar photovoltaic panels with wastewater management to reduce the operational form of carbon and maintain environmental protection
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/whgak1